Friday, September 26, 2008

Hooked On These Books

So I was in Walmart a few weeks back just kind of browsing around the book section cause I wanted something to read. I was thinking maybe a Romance, you know the kind, just something entertaining and mindless that you don't have to think about. When I happened to come across this. "Breaking Dawn"

It was in the teen section but it caught my eye and I picked it up and read the inside cover. It looked good, however, it was the fourth book in a series. So I looked around some more but they didn't have any of the previous books. (Bummer) Well I decided I wanted to read this Saga from the beginning and ended up buying all four books from Amazon. Yes it was kind of an impulse buy, but it ended up being well worth it. Since I started the first book "Twilight"I was hooked.










I quickly read it, then the second "New Moon"
and am now almost finished with the third.
"Eclipse"

I actually go to bed at 9:00 so I can read for an hour, ( or two as sometimes happens.) Oh yea, It,s a romance story between a high school girl and a vampire. Perfect for this time of year as Halloween approaches. There are also Werewolves. As I mentioned it is a teen book, so it's very clean. No sex or bad language. Which actually I wouldn't mind if there was a little sex, I need all the help I can get cause I'm 45 years old, pre-menopausal, and married for 25 years, ( if you get my drift here). But none the less, it is a great story, filled with a lot of suspense and wonderful characters. It was also made into a movie, I believe it's coming out November 21st. I'm not sure if I will want to see it though, Movies from books are usually a disappointment. (Like, The Devil Wears Prada)

So if you like this kind of thing I highly recommend these books.
For more info check out the web site: www.thetwilightsaga.com/
If you have already read them, let me know what you think, I'd love to hear from you.


Here's to happy reading!






5 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I can't wait for the movie!

Jean Knee said...

seems like everyone I know is reading this series.

I've been admiring all your cute Halloween items

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

You are so funny - pre-menopausal and married 25 years! Totally love it and I get it!! Me, too! A little spicey love scene in a book is always great! (I think that is why my Nanny always read Harlequin Romances - haha.)

Thanks for sharing! Always love a good book.

hugs,
Becky

PS: Love all of the Halloween things you are making!

Deanna said...

Hi there! My gosh it's been a long time. I just recently have been able to be on the laptop safely without straining my eyes and I have been having a great time catching up with all of my blogger friends.

Hope you are doing well!

Great to be back,
Deanna

by the way I'm in the process of maybe changing the name of my blog but it's not a sure thing. Sometimes you just need a change..hahaha!

Valarie said...

Okay Tracy...we are going on 2 months...lets get a new post up, with some of your beautiful projects you've made.